The Durham Town Offices are open to the general public with limited hours.
The Town Offices are open: from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays; and from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays. The Town Offices will continue to be closed on Wednesdays.
The Town Offices are also open by appointment only in the morning hours of the days listed above for those age 65 and older, at-risk populations, and couples wishing to obtain a marriage license. The hours for these appointments will be: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays; and from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Call 353-2561 to schedule an appointment.
The following policies will help keep everyone safe as the Town Offices open to the public:
- Two customers at a time will be allowed to enter the Town Offices.
- If you see two residents completing transactions, please line up outside, follow proper social distancing and stand six feet apart as indicated by the red markings on the sidewalk.
- If no one is in the lobby or a resident(s) is only at one window, please enter the building.
- We may ask you to wait outside if there are too many people in the lobby or we only have one window open.
- All residents MUST wear a face mask at the Town Offices.
- Those residents coming to the Town Offices are asked to bring all necessary paperwork for your transaction, as well as your own pen.
- Those registering a vehicle are asked to be sure to bring your insurance card. If you do not have a current insurance card please have your insurance company fax a copy prior to entering the building (353-5367).
- Do not risk the health and safety of others; if you do not feel well or are experiencing any symptoms of the Coronavirus, stay home!
Residents are urged to complete transactions online if possible at: www.durhamme.com. For more information call the Durham Town Offices at 353-2561.