View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
The Code Enforcement Officer is available by appointment.
How to Reach Us
Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: 207-376-6558; Email: email@example.com
- To access Septic Plans from 2000 through 2018 on the State Website click HERE.
SCROLL DOWN FOR PERMIT APPLICATIONS.
From the Code Office:
To help those of you who would like to get an idea of when you will need a permit.
The Ordinances of Durham does not require a permit for:
- One story detached Accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 200 square feet.
- Fences not over six feet high
- Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall
- Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, counter tops, and similar finish work.
- Swings and other playground equipment
- Decks that do not exceed 200 square feet in area, that are not more than 30 inches above grade at any point within 36 inches of the deck, are not attached to the dwelling and do not serve as the exit door to the structure as defined in Section R507 of the IRC Codes
All other construction not defined above will need to have a permit:
- The replacement of plumbing fixtures and faucets does not need a permit but if the water shutoffs or any drain portion past the trap line needs work it will require a permit
- All electrical work needs a permit
- No driveway, entrance or approach within the limits of the Right of Way for any Town of Durham public road or approved private road may be constructed, reconstructed except in accordance with Driveway and Entrance Permit issued by the Town of Durham upon application.
- All work related to the septic system other than periodic pumping of the tank or cleaning of the tank filters will need a permit.
- Conditional Use Application (for an application contact Codes Officer)
- Driveway Permit Application
- Indoor Plumbing Permit Application
- Subsurface Wastewater Application (HHE 200)
- Building Permit Application (Effective as of April 28, 2018 the Town of Durham is now following the 2015 MUBEC Codes)
- Electrical Permit Application
- Back Lot Application Instructions
- Special Event Temporary Permit Application
- Application for Variance or Appeal
- Application for Address