View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
The Town of Durham will award one $1,000.00 scholarship award annually. The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient after the successful completion of the first semester (minimum 2.5 GPA). Recipients shall be limited to one scholarship award.
- Resident of the Town of Durham at time of high school graduation
- Currently reside in the Town of Durham
- Have applied and/or been accepted as an incoming freshman in an accredited academic, vocational, professional or technical school, college or university (must attend classes full-time)
- Complete scholarship application form
- Up to two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselor, or community leaders
- Copy of high school transcript
- Copy of ACT/SAT scores (may be included on high school transcript)
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited academic, vocational, professional or technical school, college or university (if available)
Applications will be reviewed and finalists chosen by the Durham Scholarship Committee.The completed application, along with all supporting documentation, must be returned to the Durham Town Office at 630 Hallowell Road, Durham, ME 04222, Attn: Scholarship Committee, no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 1, 2019.The Town of Durham will not be responsible for lost mail or delays in delivery of mail.The scholarship award will be presented at the Durham Annual Town Meeting on Saturday, April 6, 2019. All scholarship applicants will be notified by mail of the Committee’s decision by mail prior to April1.
The Town of Durham reserves the right not to award any scholarship should there be no qualified applicants.