View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
The Town of Durham awards one $1,000.00 scholarship award annually. The scholarship is paid directly to the recipient after the successful completion of the first semester (minimum 2.5 GPA). Recipients are limited to one scholarship award. The Scholarship Program Guidelines may be found here.
- Resident of the Town of Durham at time of high school graduation
- Currently reside in the Town of Durham
- Have applied and/or been accepted as an incoming freshman in an accredited academic, vocational, professional or technical school, college or university (must attend classes full-time)
- Complete scholarship application form
- Up to two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselor, or community leaders
- Copy of high school transcript
- Copy of ACT/SAT scores (may be included on high school transcript)
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited academic, vocational, professional or technical school, college or university (if available)
Applications are reviewed and finalists chosen by the Durham Scholarship Committee. The scholarship award is presented at the Durham Annual Town Meeting each year. All scholarship applicants are notified by mail of the Committee’s decision by mail prior to April 1.
The Town of Durham reserves the right not to award any scholarship should there be no qualified applicants.
Click here to read about the 2019 Durham Scholarship winner.